Cheesy baked enchiladas
Tender pieces of chicken, wrapped in soft golden corn tortillas, topped with a mouth-watering tomato sauce, oozing with melted cheese then baked in the oven.
- 1 x Old El Paso Original Enchiladas Dinner Kit
- 500g chicken breast
- 150g grated cheese
Kit contains: 8 x Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas, 1 x Old El Paso Original Enchilada Spice Mix, 1 x Old El Paso Tomato Sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to at 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Get the pan nice and hot and add a splash of oil, throw in the chicken and stir-fry over a medium heat until it’s golden, juicy and thoroughly cooked.
- In a bowl, combine the Old El Paso Original Enchilada Spice Mix with both parts of the Old El Paso Tomato Sauce sachet and 150ml hot water.
- Pour half of the mixture over the chicken, add half the grated cheese and give it a good stir.
- To warm the Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas pierce the packaging and microwave on full power for 35-40 seconds (cooking time may vary depending on microwave) or heat in the oven following the pack instructions. Keep them covered and warm until ready to serve.
- Now, spoon the filling onto the middle of each warm Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas, wrap them up and place them fold down onto a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour over the remaining sauce and sprinkle over the rest of the grated cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is brown and bubbling.
Make it your way
Take out the bubbling, cheesy enchiladas, serve them up and enjoy!
Go veggie by replacing the chicken with sliced button mushrooms and some butterbeans. Or beef it up with succulent strips of rump steak instead of chicken.