Cheesy bean and sweetcorn nachos
A new take on an old favourite – packed with cheesy corn and bean flavour and bursting with colour, these tasty nachos make an easy feast!
- 1 x Old El Paso Kit For Nachos
- 1 x jar of Old El Paso Hot and Tangy Jalapeños, drained
- 1 x can mixed beans - try kidney, pinto, white or black beans
- 1 x can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 x red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- Grated Cheese to serve
- Sour cream & Guacamole to serve
Kit contains: Old El Paso Nachips, Old El Paso Nachos Topping
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in the beans and sweetcorn and 1 sachet of Old El Paso Nachos Topping. Simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange a layer of the Old El Paso Nachips in the base of an ovenproof baking dish, then spoon over some of the bean mixture, followed by some of the Old El Paso Hot and Tangy Jalapeños and cheese. Repeat to make 3 layers, saving some of the cheese for the topping. Top with the other sachet of Old El Paso Nachos Topping and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Make it your way
Serve hot from the oven with sour cream and guacamole either spooned on top or on the side – then tell everyone to just dig in!
Kids might find the jalapeños too hot, so if you’re making this for a family, leave them out and serve them on the side – then everyone can choose their own chilli level!